We aim to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.
We provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
The difference we make
We help over 2.1 million people to solve 6.6 million problems.
- Impact of the Citizens Advice service - More information on the impact we make to clients
- Advice trends - our advice statistics
- How we can help and what we do - hear from our clients about how we've helped them
- Our consumer work - advice, advocacy and education
- The Witness service - offering free support for witnesses in over 300 criminal courts across England and Wales.
- Stand up for equality - promoting equality and diversity
Watch our animation to find out more about our work and how you could help to make a difference:
Citizens Advice Bureaux deliver advice services from over 3,300 community locations in England and Wales, run by 338 individual charities.
Citizens Advice itself is also a registered charity and is also the membership organisation for bureaux. Together we are the Citizens Advice service.
Browse and download our corporate publications:
- Policy publications drawing on our client evidence.
We stage conferences, debates and various other events on advice and policy-related issues.
Citizens Advice worldwide
There are more than a dozen organisations like Citizens Advice around the world. These include Citizens Advice in Northern Ireland and Citizens Advice Scotland, as well as services as far away as New Zealand.